Qualifications for Clinics Using Sonography to Help the Underserved
Depending on the need and the circumstances, Hope Imaging establishes partnerships with faith-based, life-affirming clinics to provide ultrasound training; equipment donations and support for clinics that reach medically underserved populations. We can provide a team of skilled Sonographers that train medical staff in a variety of areas, including: abdominal, cardiac, ob/gyn and vascular. Training includes both didactic and hands-on curriculum, customized to fit your patient population and your cultural needs.
We have found that following criteria facilitate a successful relationship and help your clinic develop a more comprehensive ultrasound diagnostic program.
- Has a working and sustainable ultrasound machine; we will need to know the make, model and year of manufacturer and last date of service
- Staff to be trained in ultrasound has a long-term commitment to the clinic
- The clinic or ministry attests they are a faith-based, life-affirming mission agrees with our beliefs [see Statement of Faith] and reach the medically underserved.
- Able to secure patient volunteers for hands-on-training for four consecutive days
- Provide safe transportation for the team to/from nearest major airport
- Supply secure lodging/housing and meals for the team during the training
- Make a $1,000 donation to Hope Imaging [goes directly to future trips and growing the mission]
- Sign an agreement between clinic medical director and Hope Imaging acknowledging these criteria
HOPE IMAGING PROVIDES
We will send an experienced a team of skilled Sonographers to train your medical staff. The team is able to teach up to four medical professionals depending on their medical experience and educational need. We will provide the following:
- A team of Sonographers trained in your area of patient need (ob/gyn, abdominal, cardiac etc.)
- Textbooks and written resources for each trainee
- Workbooks for the training staff
- Five days of a customized training in ultrasound, both didactic and hands-on in your area of patient need
- Our team members pay air travel to and from the location
If your clinic is willing and able to meet the above criteria, please contact Kama to schedule a conference call between your clinic director and Hope Imaging’s mission programming staff.
When leaving a message or sending an email, be sure to include your name, organization, contact number where we can reach you, where you are located, and what type of training session you are interested in.